Thursday, August 21, 2014

What was I thinking?

Some days I seriously sit here and wonder what in the world did I get myself into!  I work full time from, and if that wasn't enough I have some pretty big family commitments with a mother who did a stint the beginning of the year and has been recently diagnosed with ms and is partially blind,  I crazily went and added schooling my child at home.

Well surprisingly it's been going pretty good.  We choose to go with k12 through Arkansas Virtual Academy.  It does allow for some schedule flexibility.  Thankfully!  Because between weekly doctors trip for my mother and work meetings we seriously need it.  Wednesday had to have been the craziest day we have had so far in this venture (more to come about that later).  But I will say keeping my kid home for school has to have been the best decision I have made ever!  Between a school nurse who refused to follow doctors orders on more than one occasion, a teacher whom refused my child her medication on a school field trip forcing another parent to call me and my child being honestly scared to go back to school in her room ever again, and a school principal who blatantly turned a blind eye to the constant bullying issue from 2 boys to multiple students for multiple years.  I ave seen a change in my child in just the short amount of time that we've been doing this.  She LOVES school again!  She hasn't loved school like this in years.  She has a seriously big goal to finish fourth grade by Christmas break, and I am completely supporting that goal!

Till next time say a prayer for me because I might just go crazy teaching fourth grade math!


Dr Pepper and Chocolate Milk

No comments:

Post a Comment